Request a record by mail
To obtain reports or background checks by mail, send a letter to the Records Division with the information listed below and a self-addressed stamped envelope.
For background checks, you must include the following information on the individual for whom you are requesting the background check:
- the full name
- date of birth
For copies of accident or event reports, you must include:
- the case number (if available)
- date, time and location of the event or accident
- the name(s) of the person(s) involved.
IMPORTANT: If you wish to obtain a traffic accident report within 60 days of the incident, Florida law requires that you complete a Request for Traffic Crash Report Information Form indicating you are entitled to receive it (please review the form to make certain you are eligible). Mail the completed and signed form with your letter of request to the address below. After 60 days, the form is not necessary and anyone may obtain a copy of the report.
IMPORTANT: You must include a SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope) with your request and a check for the fees required (credit or debit cards are not accepted). Do not send cash. After your report is processed, it will be mailed to you in the SASE you provide.
Mail your request to:Broward Sheriff's Office - Records/Warrants Division
PO Box 9507
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 33310
If you have questions or need more information regarding our services or fees, please call us at (954) 831-8700.
- Access our records database online by visiting the “MyReport” link
- Request a record by email
- Request a record by mail
- Request a record in person
- Report a tow / repossession
- About background checks, event reports or accident reports
- Report fees
- Privacy and restricted information
- Records Division main page
- State of Florida Public Records Resources
Translate This Page: