- BSO Case Number:
- Place of Occurrence:
- 5300 block of North State Road 7, Tamarac
- Crystal McLeod, 17, 10/9/2002, female, Tamarac (DECEASED)
- (P1) Name withheld juvenile, 14, male, Lauderdale Lakes
- (P2) Ziair Simpson, 14, 8/6/2005, female, North Lauderdale (DECEASED)
- (P3) Name withheld juvenile, 16, female, Lauderdale Lakes
- (P4) Name withheld juvenile, 14, male, Lauderdale Lakes
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives are investigating a single-vehicle crash that left two juveniles dead.
Preliminary investigation reveals that shortly before 10 p.m. Saturday, Crystal McLeod was driving a 2010 Honda Civic southbound on North State Road 7 in Tamarac at a high rate of speed. McLeod aggressively changed lanes and overcorrected her steering causing her vehicle to slide sideways as the vehicle was rotating clockwise before striking a large concrete pole on the driver’s side splitting the vehicle in two.
Tamarac and Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue transported all of the occupants to Broward Health Medical Center. McLeod was pronounced deceased at 10:26 p.m. and passengers, Ziair Simpson, was pronounced deceased at 12:59 a.m. on July 5.
The remainder of the passengers remain in serious condition. All parents of the juveniles have been notified.
The investigation is ongoing.
Det. M. Wiley & Det. Williams THI
Sgt. Hager, THI; Tamarac
Tamarac Fire Rescue; BSFR
THIS REPORT BY:
Sergeant Donald Prichard/PIO-Sworn