- BSO Case Number:
- Place of Occurrence:
- Rock Island Road and West Commercial Boulevard, Tamarac
- Driver 1:
- Name withheld, 14, male, juvenile
- Passenger 1:
- Name withheld, 16, male, juvenile
- Passenger 2:
- Marjorie Petit Frere, 16, female, juvenile, 7750 S.W. 10th St., North Lauderdale (DECEASED)
- Passenger 3:
- Valerie Petit Frere, 13, female, juvenile, 7750 S.W. 10th St., North Lauderdale (DECEASED)
- Driver 2:
- Roosevelt Nelson, 68, male, Lauderhill
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives are investigating a rollover crash that left two minors dead in Tamarac Thursday morning.
At approximately 4:31 a.m. on May 28, a silver Toyota Corolla traveling southbound on Rock Island Road entered into the path of a 1996 gray Ford F150 traveling eastbound on West Commercial Boulevard. The Ford truck, occupied by Roosevelt Nelson, collided with the silver vehicle, occupied by four juvenile subjects, T-boning the vehicle on the passenger side.
A passenger from the silver car was pronounced deceased on scene.
Tamarac Fire Rescue transported the three remaining occupants from the Toyota to Broward Health Medical Center to be treated for their injuries. While enroute to the hospital, another passenger from the vehicle was pronounced dead.
The driver of the Ford was not transported and remained on scene.
The traffic homicide investigation is ongoing.
Det. C. De Jesus, THI
Det. S. Williams, THI
THIS REPORT BY:
Gerdy St. Louis/PIO
Sgt. R. Hager, THI