- BSO Case Number:
- Pompano Beach
- Place of Occurrence:
- 2400 block of North Dixie Highway, Pompano Beach
- Driver 1:
- Ronald Campbell, 63, male, Pompano Beach
- Driver 2:
- Francis Fox, 64, male, Pompano Beach
- Driver 3:
- Margaret Mary Healy, 71, 11/22/49, female, 700 S.E. Sixth Ave., Boca Raton (DECEASED)
- Driver 4:
- Paul Thompkins, 60, male, Boca Raton
- Driver 5:
- Kendia Jenkins, 35, female, Pompano Beach
- Driver 6:
- Guerline Derilus, 34, female, Deerfield Beach
- Driver 7:
- Danny McBraz, 54, male, Coconut Creek
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives are investigating a multi-vehicle crash that killed a woman in Pompano Beach on Saturday morning.
Shortly before 10 a.m. on Jan. 30, BSO deputies responded to a crash in the 2400 block of North Dixie Highway in Pompano Beach. According to traffic homicide detectives, the driver of a Ford Explorer, Ronald Campbell, was heading southbound on North Dixie Highway when he sideswiped a Chevrolet Silverado, which was also heading southbound. After the initial impact, Campbell continued heading southbound and struck a Mitsubishi Outlander, driven by Margaret Healy. Healy was stopped at a traffic signal at North Dixie Highway and East Copans Road.
The impact with the Outlander pushed the vehicle forward and set off a chain reaction crash in which four other cars stopped at the traffic signal were also impacted. Pompano Beach Fire Rescue transported Healy and Campbell to area hospitals. Healy died at the hospital.
The investigation into the crash is ongoing.
Pompano Beach, PBFR
Dets. S. Williams & M. Wiley, THI
Sgt. R. Hager, THI
THIS REPORT BY:
Carey Codd/Sr. PIO