General Counsel Terrence Lynch
The Office of the General Counsel is comprised of Legal Affairs, Risk Management Division, and the Confiscation/Forfeiture Unit. The Office of the General Counsel is responsible for advising and representing the Sheriff and the agency with respect to all legal matters arising from official BSO business. We serve all areas of the agency to include DLE, DODCC, FRES, and Administration. Areas in which the Office of the General Counsel provides legal services include: litigation, contracts, risk management, detention, labor and employment, confiscations, forfeiture, child protective investigations, drug court, pretrial services, arrest/search and seizure, court procedures, policies and general legal advice. Staff attorneys also conduct legal training, and in-service training for the agency.
- Lee Futch – Deputy General Counsel (Sworn)
- Stephen C. Muffler – Deputy General Counsel
- Christine Catuccy - Senior Assistant General Counsel
- Christian Tsoubanos - Assistant General Counsel
- Kristin MacKenzie - Assistant General Counsel
- Colin Hayes – Assistant General Counsel
- Ksenia Vance – Assistant General Counsel
- Komal Mirza - Assistant General Counsel
- Kristi Houlihan - Legal Administrator
- John Greene - Director of Risk Management
- Jeff Hessler - Assistant Director of Risk Management
The Office of the General Counsel may be contacted at (954) 831-8920.