CAPTIAL SEXUAL BATTERY ARREST
- BSO Case Number: PB04-05-1650
- PIO Number: 04-11-32
- Date: May 15, 2004 – Nov. 15, 2004
- Place of Occurrence: 3201 NW 4th Terrace, # 82, Pompano Beach
- Name withheld, male, 5 years old
- Gael Oriorden, 72, 9/24/32, male, 3201 NW 4 Terr., Pompano Beach
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office detectives have arrested an elderly babysitter, charging him with sexually assaulting a five-year-old boy left in his care.
The molestation occurred in mid-May when the suspect, Gael Oriorden, 72, was caring for the victim and his three-year-old sister at his Pompano Beach home. The children’s mother left her kids with Oriorden – an acquaintance and occasional babysitter – and failed to return. After two weeks, Oriorden notified BSO’s Child Protective Investigations Section that the children had been abandoned. The little boy and girl were removed from Oriorden’s home and were placed in foster care.
The boy subsequently told his foster parent that Oriorden had encouraged him and his sister to be naked and had sexually molested them. BSO Sex Crimes detectives investigated and the boy described specific sex acts that had been performed upon him.
Oriorden denied molesting the children, saying he is a nudist and only touched the youngsters in an effort to potty-train them.
On Monday (11/15/04), detectives charged Oriorden with two counts of lewd or lascivious molestation and one count of capital sexual battery of a child under 12. He is being held without bond in BSO’s jail.
Oriorden has been previously convicted of committing similar sexual offenses against children.
- THIS REPORT BY: Det. C. Bachan, Sgt. J. Natiello, CI Jim Leljedal / PIO Dist. 11: Pompano Beach 11/17/04 9:30 am
- Oriorden mugshot - Oriorden mugshot