TEEN ARRESTED IN ASSAULT ON CHILD
- BSO Case Number: LL02-08-2014 (UPDATED)
- PIO Number: 02-8-47
- Date: August 22, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: Normandy Square Apartments, 4400 NW 36th St., Lauderdale Lakes, FL
- 15-month-old girl, 5/2/01, (name and address withheld)
- Timothy Devoe, 17, 7/4/85, male, 4380 NW 43 Street, Lauderdale Lakes
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office detectives are continuing to investigate the apparent rape of a 15-month-old girl.
BSO Sex Crimes detectives arrested 17-year-old Timothy Devoe Thursday night. He was transported to the Juvenile Intervention Facility and faces one count of sexual battery.
The incident was reported at about 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, August 22, 2002. A call came in from the Normandy Square Apartments at 4400 NW 36th Street in Lauderdale Lakes that a child had been assaulted.
Deputies and detectives arrived moments later and began questioning witnesses and canvassing the area. Devoe was quickly identified as a suspect. He was taken into custody at the apartment complex about three-and-a-half hours later.
The victim was taken to Plantation General Hospital for treatment and evaluation.
BSO detectives continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding this case.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sex Crimes Det. D. Scarbrough and Sgt. D. Bjorndalen CI
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright / PIO
Posted At: 08/23/2002 02:17 PM
Translate This Page: