DANGEROUS SHOOTING SUSPECT NOW IN CUSTODY
- BSO Case Number: LL02-01-1921
- PIO Number: 02-01-35
- Date: January 23, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: BSO District-5 headquarters, 200 NW 27th Ave., Ft. Lauderdale
- Lakesha Hall, 21, 4/6/80, 5025 NW 36th St., J-312, Lauderdale Lakes
- Sharon Hill, 44, 11/26/57, 5025 NW 36th St., J-312, Lauderdale Lakes
- Morris Brown, 23, 8/19/78, 5025 NW 36th St., J-312, Lauderdale Lakes
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives placed a double shooting suspect under arrest this morning after an overnight manhunt for the armed and dangerous fugitive.
Family members brought 23-year old Morris Brown to the Broward Sheriff's Office District-5 headquarters at 200 NW 27th Ave., Ft. Lauderdale shortly before 11:00 in the morning on Wednesday, January 23, 2002.
Investigators say Brown shot his girlfriend and her mother multiple times in the early morning hours of January 22, 2002. The shooting was apparently the result of an ongoing dispute between Brown and his girlfriend, 21-year old Lakesha Hall of 5025 NW 36th St., J-312, Lauderdale Lakes. Hall’s mother, 44-year old Sharon Hill, lived in the apartment with Hall, Brown, and Hall’s two young boys, ages two and five.
Both victims were last reported in critical condition at Broward General Medical Center.
Detectives spent more than two hours interviewing Brown, but the suspect declined to give a formal statement.
Morris Brown faces two charges of attempted murder.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. J. Carr
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf/PIO 1/23/02 4:30 pm
Posted At: 01/23/2002 04:45 PM
- Morris Brown - Charged With 2 Counts of Attempted Murder
Translate This Page: