FUNERAL HOME COMPANY’S REMOVAL SERVICE TAKES MORE THAN BODY
- BSO Case Number: TM12-01-0533
- PIO Number: 12-1-4
- Date: January 5, 2012
- Time: 12:23 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 8137 Pine Circle, Tamarac
- Jurisdiction: Tamarac
- the family of Michael Bressler, male, 53, Tamarac
- Armando Sardina, male, 4/24/55, 56, 2837 S.W. 38th Court, Miami (ARRESTED)
Description of Incident:
The Broward Sheriff’s Office has arrested an employee of a funeral home company for stealing cash from the home of a deceased person whose body he was sent to transport.
Armando Sardina, who works for the body removal service from Service Corp. International, parent company of the Star of David funeral home, went to the home of 53-year-old Michael Bressler, who had died of natural causes. While Sardina was there preparing to transport Bressler’s body, family members noticed that $327 from a bank bag was missing from the master bedroom. Bressler’s brother-in-law confronted Sardina, who gave a BSO deputy permission to search his vehicle. When the deputy found the money between the seats of Sardina’s van, he apologized for the theft.
Sardina was arrested and charged with grand theft. If any families believe they may have been victimized by Sardina, they should contact their local law enforcement agency.
Media note: A photo of Sardina is attached to this release.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. M. Jean, Sgt. A. Smith, D7 Tamarac
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 1/9/12 1130
Posted At: 01/09/2012 11:33 AM
Translate This Page: