BROWARD MAN CHARGED WITH RAPING CHILD
- BSO Case Number: OP02-09-10180
- PIO Number: 02-9-9
- Date: September 4, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: 1900 block of NW 29th Street, Oakland Park
- Twelve-year-old girl (name and address withheld)
- Curtis R. Gordon Jr., 21, 12/4/80, 470 NW 29th Street, Ft. Lauderdale
Description of Incident:
A 21-year old Ft. Lauderdale man is in the Broward Sheriff's Office main jail, charged with raping a young girl on at least two separate occasions.
According to BSO investigators, Curtis Ramley Gordon Jr. of 470 NW 29th Terrace worked as an after school counselor at the SMART (Students Mastering Academics and Related Technologies) School Charter Middle School, 3698 NW 15th Street, Lauderhill.
It appears that Gordon inappropriately touched the 12-year old victim’s leg at the school in June of this year. Sometime about a month later, in July, Gordon reportedly took the girl to an office at the school where he raped her.
On August 30, 2002, the victim missed her bus home from school. It was sometime around 7:00 p.m. when Gordon gave the girl a ride home. Along the way, Gordon stopped his vehicle in the 1900 Block of NW 29th Street in Oakland Park and raped the young victim. He then drove her home.
Sometime over the course of the next few days, the girl told a school counselor about the latest attack. The counselor notified authorities and the Broward Sheriff's Office was made aware of the situation on Wednesday, September 4, 2002.
Broward Sheriff's Office detectives are continuing with their investigation into this case.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. J. Zinglo
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 9/5/28/02 7:00 p.m.
- Curtis R. Gordon Jr. - Curtis R. Gordon Jr.
Translate This Page: