BROWARD MURDER SUSPECT CAPTURED IN TEXAS
- BSO Case Number: BS02-04-5320
- PIO Number: 02-4-33
- Date: April 12, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: 4700 Coconut Creek Parkway
- Annette Arteaga, 22, 11/17/79, 2002 MLK Blvd. (Hammondville Road), Pompano Beach
- Alejandro Rodriguez, 24, 5/30/77, no known permanent address
Description of Incident:
A Broward man wanted for the murder of his former girlfriend has been captured in Texas.
Based on information from the Broward Sheriff's Office, the FBI and Texas Department of Public Safety found 24-year old Alejandro Rodriguez at a relative’s home in Ft. Worth, Texas at about 5:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time (4:00 pm CDT) on Wednesday, April 17, 2002.
Over the previous weekend, BSO homicide detectives learned that Rodriguez had boarded a Texas bound bus in Palm Beach County.
Detectives are on their way to Texas to bring the murder suspect back to Broward County. Rodriguez should be behind bars at the Broward Sheriff's Office jail sometime Thursday.
He faces a charge of first-degree murder.
Rodriguez is accused of the April 12, 2002 shooting death of 22-year old Annette Arteaga. The young woman was preparing to go to a morning class at Atlantic Vocational & Tech Center in Coconut Creek when she was killed in the school’s parking lot.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. F. Ilarraza & R. Libman
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 4/17/02 6:00 pm
- Alejandro Rodriguez - Alejandro Rodriguez