ROBBERY FOILED WHEN VICTIM GRABBED GUN, SAT ON SUSPECT
VICTIM HAD ADVERTISED PHONE ON CRAIGSLIST
- BSO Case Number: PB12-01-2224
- PIO Number: 12-1-5
- Date: January 8, 2012
- Time: 9:38 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 2850 N. Palm Aire Drive, Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Serkan Demir, male, 25, 2/23/86, North Palm Aire Drive, Pompano Beach
- Brandon Hollis, male, 18, 7/9/93, 3106 NW. 3rd Ave., Pompano Beach
Description of Incident:
Serkan Demir had two iPhones, and he only needed one, so he advertised on Craigslist to sell the spare. He arranged for the prospective buyer to meet him in the parking lot of his apartment complex in Pompano Beach. But when it came time for the buyer, 18-year-old Brandon Hollis, to pay, he pulled out a gun instead of cash.
Hollis appeared to chamber a round and demanded the phone, but Demir grabbed the firearm and began fighting with Hollis. He and two other men restrained Hollis until a BSO deputy arrived and arrested him.
Hollis was charged with armed robbery.
Media note: A mug shot of Hollis is attached to this release.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. Goodwin, Sgt. Weir, CI Pompano Beach
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 1/9/12 1400
Translate This Page: