SIX-YEAR-OLD ON SCOOTER CRITICAL VICTIM OF CRASH
FIVE IN VEHICLES TREATED AND RELEASED FROM HOSPITAL
- BSO Case Number: PB12-01-08138
- PIO Number: 12-1-25
- Date: January 29, 2012
- Time: 1:23 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 800 block NW 5 Avenue, Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Robert Glover, Jr., 6, male, 04/08/05, Pompano Beach (HOSPITALIZED)
- Chiledric Jacques, 51, male, 08/17/60, Pompano Beach
- Yiollande Cadaae, 31, female, 02/14/80
- Idlaine Jacques, 31, female, 04/25/80
- Orlando Joseph, male, DOB unavailable
- Marcus H. Permenter, 28, male, 05/20/83, 1731 NW 7 Ter., Pompano Beach
Description of Incident:
A six-year-old boy riding a scooter on a sidewalk was critically injured when he was struck by a car involved in a two-car crash Sunday afternoon.
At 1:23 p.m., Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies and Pompano Beach Fire Rescue units responded to the 800 block of NW 5 Avenue, after two cars collided at the intersection and one of the vehicles mowed down a boy on a scooter.
Initial information is that a 1980 Oldsmobile Cutlass, driven by Marcus Permenter, 28, of Pompano Beach, was traveling northbound on NW 5 Avenue when it ran a stop sign and struck a 1991 Toyota Camry, driven by Chiledric Jacques, 51, also of Pompano Beach. Jacques’ car was westbound on NW 8 Street. The initial impact caused Permenter’s Cutlass to strike a fence, the child on the scooter, a parked minivan, a tree, then came to rest after hitting a pickup truck. The Camry spun around three times before coming to rest in a yard on the northwest corner of the intersection. The six-year-old, Robert Glover, Jr., was transported to Broward General Medical Center in Ft. Lauderdale where he remains in critical condition at the time of this release. Permenter, who was the sole occupant of his car and Jacques and his three passengers were all transported to North Broward Medical Center where they were treated and released for a variety of injuries.
BSO Traffic Homicide Unit detectives conducted an on-scene investigation late into the afternoon and are interviewing witnesses and victims of the crash. The investigation is ongoing.
- INVESTIGATORS: D-11, THI, PBFR, Lt. Akers, Dets. Wiley, R. Miller
- THIS REPORT BY: Mike Jachles/PIO 01/29/12 2230
Posted At: 01/29/2012 09:08 PM
Translate This Page: