MAN KILLS HIMSELF AT GUN RANGE, BSO DETECTIVE FINDS MAN'S WIFE DEAD AT HOME
- BSO Case Number: TM12-02-01035
- PIO Number: 12-2-7
- Date: February 11, 2012
- Time: 10:33 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Arizona Gun Range, 4317 N. State Road 7, Lauderdale Lakes 2600 block of Northwest 55 Street, Tamarac
- Jurisdiction: Lauderdale Lakes and Tamarac
- adult female, age 45 (DECEASED)
- adult male, age 52 (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
After a 52-year-old man shot himself at a Lauderdale Lakes gun range Saturday morning, a Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detective headed to Tamarac to notify the man’s wife of his death. When he got to their home, the woman’s car was in the driveway, but the doors were locked and no one answered his knock. Fearing for her safety, the detective went into the house and found the woman dead in a bedroom.
They are investigating the two deaths as a possible murder-suicide. Detectives have not released the names of the couple as they try to find their relatives. They had been married since 1997.
The incident began around 10:18 a.m. at the Arizona Gun Range when the man went in, rented a gun, went to the target-shooting area and shot himself in the head at 10:33 a.m. Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue treated him on scene and transported him to Broward General Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead a short time later. The detective went to the man’s home at about 1 p.m., when he found the wife. There had not been any recent calls to BSO from the home.
Anyone with information about these deaths can report it to Det. John Curcio at (954) 321-4212 or report information anonymously to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Det. Curcio, Sgt. Feeley, RID Crime Scene, BSFR, Lauderdale Lakes, Tamarac
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 02/11/12 1830