BSO INVESTIGATING APPARENT SUICIDE
- BSO Case Number: DR02-08-4165
- PIO Number: 02-8-44
- Date: August 22, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: Rear of the 800 block of Crystal Lake Dr., Deerfield Beach, FL
- Thirty-three-year old, white male (name withheld at this time)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office Homicide detectives are investigating the death of a
33-year old homeless man who reportedly placed himself in the path of an oncoming Tri-Rail train in Deerfield Beach this morning.
Investigators are withholding the name of the deceased, pending notification of the next of kin.
The southbound train hit the victim shortly before 10:45 the morning of Thursday, August 22, 2002. It looks as if the victim waited for the train to be about one hundred yards away before walking to the tracks and laying face down on the tracks.
The train’s whistle was sounded several times, but the victim did not move.
No passengers aboard the train were reported injured.
Detectives are continuing with their investigation into this case.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. R. Carmody & G. Bukata
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 8/22/02 3:00 p.m.
Posted At: 08/22/2002 03:35 PM
Translate This Page: