T-MOBILE CELL PHONE HEIST
- BSO Case Number: 12-1307-001520
- PIO Number: 13-7-16
- Date: July 15, 2013
- Time: 9:45 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 881 E. Commercial Blvd., Oakland Park
- Jurisdiction: Oakland Park
- T-Mobile, 881 E. Commercial Blvd., Oakland Park
- 1. Georges Richardson, male, 21, 1536 N.W. 14 Circle, Pompano Beach
- 2. Juvenile, male, 17, Pompano Beach
- 3. Juvenile, male, 17, Pompano Beach
- 4. Juvenile, male, 16, Pompano Beach
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives arrested four suspects in T-Mobile cell phone robbery.
At approximately 9:45 a.m., July 15, 2013, two armed suspects entered the T-Mobile store in Oakland Park. The robbers wore ski masks, hoodies and gloves. Store employees were forced into the storeroom at gun-point and made to lie on the floor while the two suspects grabbed 36 new cell phones valued at approximately $21,000. During the robbery, two accomplices acted as lookouts from a nearby Dunkin Donuts. The two gun-men fled the scene in a BMW and the look-outs used a Chevy Impala. Detectives later recovered the BMW at 3321 N.E. 1 Ave., Pompano Beach, with the masks and hoodies worn during the crime still inside the vehicle. The investigation led detectives to 248 N.E. 40 Ct., Pompano Beach, where the suspects were arrested and a gun and the stolen cell phones were recovered.
Georges Richardson was arrested with three juveniles all charged with armed robbery with a firearm. Richardson also faces two counts of violation of probation.
***MEDIA NOTE: A clear video of the incident is available for download from our website www.sheriff.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: Robbery Det. Mark Copley, CID
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 7/16/13 1530