DEERFIELD BEACH PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC FATALITY
- BSO Case Number: DR12-02-2763
- PIO Number: 12-2-18
- Date: February 18, 2012
- Time: 11:20 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 200 block of West Hillsboro Blvd., Deerfield Beach
- Jurisdiction: Deerfield Beach
- Thetus Fleming, Jr. 22, 11/28/89, male, Deerfield Beach (DECEASED)
- David Calderilla-Alcocer, 20, 6/6/91, male, Coconut Creek
Description of Incident:
The Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide Unit is investigating the death of a pedestrian, killed last week in Deerfield Beach.
The fatal incident occurred at 11:20 pm in front of the Advance Auto Parts store at 286 W. Hillsboro Boulevard. The victim, Thetus Fleming, 22, was on foot, crossing Hillsboro from north to south, when he was struck by an eastbound 1999 Dodge pickup truck driven by David Calderilla-Alcocer, 20, of Coconut Creek.
After hitting the pedestrian with his truck, Calderilla-Alcocer drove off, leaving Fleming in the road. About 30 minutes later, Calderilla-Alcocer returned to the scene.
Fleming was transported to North Broward Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
No charges have been filed as the investigation continues. BSO THI detectives are looking for witnesses and ask that anyone with information about this fatality contact them at 954-321-4840.
- THIS REPORT BY: Lt. L. Akers, Det. R. Miller, BSO THI Jim Leljedal / PIO 2/24/12 1300