ROAD RAGE AGGRESSOR SHOT IN SELF DEFENSE
Posted At: 09/15/2010 10:42 PM
- BSO Case Number: PB10-09-04201
- PIO Number: 10-9-15
- Date: 9/15/10
- Time: 4:33 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Corner of NW 33 Street and NW 15 Terrace, Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Patrick Lavoie, Jr., 12/12/76, 33, male, 6521 NW 35 Ave., Coconut Creek (DECEASED)
- Cleveland Anthony Murdock, 38, male, West Palm Beach
Description of Incident:
A West Palm Beach man felt he was forced to defend himself when a man consumed with road rage attacked him on a Pompano Beach street Wednesday afternoon.
Broward Sheriff’s Office dispatch received a call at 4:33 p.m. alerting that a shooting had taken place at the intersection of NW 33 Street and NW 15 Terrace. When deputies arrived, they found two vehicles stopped at a stop sign and a body lying next to one of the vehicles. Pompano Beach Fire Rescue arrived and pronounced the man dead on the scene.
BSO Homicide detectives say a black Toyota Tacoma was driving behind a white Honda Civic as they traveled westbound on NW 33 Street. As the vehicles approached the stop sign at NW 15 Terrace, the passenger in the Honda, Patrick Lavoie, 33, jumped out of the car to confront the driver of the Tacoma, Cleveland Anthony Murdock, 38. According to Lavoie’s girlfriend, who was driving the Honda, Lavoie felt that Murdock was driving too close to their vehicle. Witnesses say Lavoie was arguing with Murdock, tried to open the door of the Tacoma and was seen reaching in through the driver’s side window as he fought with Murdock. Fearing for his safety, Murdock took out his weapon and shot Lavoie.
Murdock remained on scene and waited for deputies to arrive. Murdock has a state firearms license and a concealed weapons permit.
Murdock was interviewed by detectives and later released. BSO Homicide investigators will present the case to the State Attorney’s Office for their review.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. Ellwood & Sgt. Glassman, CID Homicide; Pompano Beach, PBFR, Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepcion/PIO 9/15/10 2240
Translate This Page: