MASKED MEN STOP AND ROB THE STOP N GO
- BSO Case Number: DR13-08-00014
- PIO Number: 13-9-2
- Date: August 1, 2013
- Time: 2:50 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 3774 N.E. 3 Ave., Deerfield Beach
- Jurisdiction: Deerfield Beach
- Stop N Go, 3774 N.E. 3 Ave., Deerfield Beach
- Khaled Zaidan, male, 60, 10/25/52, 7831 N. Colony Circle, Tamarac
- Unidentified suspects (two males)
Description of Incident:
Two men robbed a convenience store and forced a customer to watch as they brutalized the store’s clerk.
Masked robbers entered the Stop N Go convenience store in Deerfield Beach shortly before 3 a.m. on Aug 1. One of the men held a revolver as he forced the store’s clerk, Khaled Zaidan, 60, to open the cash registers. When Zaidan hesitated, the robber pushed him and punched him in the face. Once the thief was done raiding the registers, he made the clerk hand over his own wallet.
During the robbery, one of the store’s customers was caught up in the action. He was shopping near the freezer section when the two men entered the store. The armed robber saw him and made him join the clerk behind the store’s registers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO Detective Theophilus Woulard at 954-321-4553 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
***MEDIA NOTE: A clear video of the incident is available for download from our website www.sheriff.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO Det. Theophilus Woulard, CID
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 9/3/13 1600