CRASH CLAIMS LIFE OF DEERFIELD BEACH MAN
- BSO Case Number: DR12-02-04151
- PIO Number: 12-2-22
- Date: February 25, 2012
- Time: 8:15 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Northwest 9th Avenue/ West Sample Road
- Jurisdiction: Deerfield Beach
- male, 51, Deerfield Beach (DECEASED)
- Gilvan Ribeiro Calado, male, 64, 8/24/47, 3259 Carambola Circle S., Coconut Creek
Description of Incident:
A 51-year-old man was fatally injured Saturday evening when he stepped into oncoming traffic on Military Trail in Deerfield Beach.
Witnesses told investigators that the man was walking westbound on Military Trail when he walked into the roadway from behind a tractor-trailer. At the same time, Gilvan Calado, 64, of Coconut Creek was turning out of a shopping plaza and heading northbound. Calado apparently didn’t see the pedestrian when he stepped out from behind the parked truck.
After the crash, Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue transported the victim to North Broward Medical Center, where he later died. BSO Traffic Homicide detectives are investigating the crash and attempting to notify the man’s family of his death.
Anyone with information about the crash or the victim can contact Det. Carlos DeJesus at (954) 321-4840 or Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. DeJesus, THI, Deerfield Beach Deerfield Beach
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 2/28/2012 1000
Translate This Page: