BSO DETECTIVES MAKE ARREST IN TRIPLE HOMICIDE
- BSO Case Number: 04-12-01-000938
- PIO Number: 12-1-11b
- Date: January 15, 2012
- Time: 7:51 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 2750 Somerset Drive, Apt. T-208, Lauderdale Lakes
- Jurisdiction: Lauderdale Lakes
- Natasha Plummer, female, 25, 10/15/86, 2750 Somerset Drive, Apt. T-208 (DECEASED)
- Carlton Stringer Jr., male, 6-months-old, 7/14/11, 2750 Somerset Drive, Apt. T-208 (DECEASED)
- Octavia Barnett, female, 21, 7/2/90, 2750 Somerset Drive, Apt. T-208 (DECEASED)
- Lineten Belizaire, male, 20, 2/15/91, LKA 1824 NW 94 St., Miami (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
A Miami-Dade man has been arrested for last weekend’s murders of a baby boy and two women in their Lauderdale Lakes apartment.
Lineten Belizaire was arrested about 2:25 a.m. January 22 in Miami-Dade County on three counts of first-degree murder. While BSO homicide detectives were searching for Belizaire in Fort Myers, they learned he may be in Miami and coordinated his arrest with Miami-Dade PD. Miami-Dade officers took Belizaire into custody without incident as he was returning to his girlfriend’s house, where he occasionally lives, in the 1800 block of N.W. 94 St. in Miami.
Twenty-five-year-old Natasha Plummer, her 6-month-old son Carlton Stringer Jr., and their roommate Octavia Barnett, 21, were found shot to death Sunday morning, January 15. Barnett and Belizaire’s11-month-old son was in the apartment at the time, but the infant was not injured.
BSO deputies and Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue were called to the Somerset apartment complex just before 8 a.m. Sunday. Carlton Stringer Sr. had gone to check on the women and realized when he went inside the apartment that something was amiss. Crime Scene detectives spent the day combing through evidence in the apartment.
BSO homicide detectives said even though they have made an arrest in this triple homicide, they are not releasing specific details because the investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about these homicides can report it anonymously to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. E. Torres, Sgt. Ellwood, CID
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO Lauderdale Lakes January 23, 2012 1545