ROOSEVELT GARDENS MURDER Victim's Name Released
- BSO Case Number: BS02-4-7704 (UPDATED)
- PIO Number: 02-4-37
- Date: April 17, 2002
- Time: 1412
- Place of Occurrence: 2401 NW 15 Street, Unincorporated Fort Lauderdale
- Kontessa Marsha Thomas, 19, 3/15/83, female, 2401 NW 15 Street, uninc. Ft.
- Lauderdale (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office homicide detectives, investigating the death of a young woman whose body was discovered in her Central Broward home Wednesday afternoon, released her name today.
BSO deputies discovered the body of 19-year-old Kontessa Marsha Thomas shortly after 2 p.m. inside her home in the Roosevelt Gardens community. The deputies were dispatched to the house, located at 2401 NW 15 Street, following an anonymous 911 call. The caller advised hearing gunshots in the area.
The Broward Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed that Thomas was shot and ruled her death a homicide. BSO homicide detectives continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding this case. Anyone with information is urged to call BSO homicide detectives Tim Duggan or Eli Thomasevich at (954) 321-4210 or call Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at (954) 493-TIPS.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. B. O’Neil, Det. T. Duggan & Det. E. Thomasevich
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO
Translate This Page: