DETECTIVES RELEASE NAME OF ELDERLY WOMAN
- BSO Case Number: DN12-01-0302/DN12-01-01502
- PIO Number: 12-1-15A
- Date: January 22, 2012
- Time: 3:23 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 301 S.E. 3 St., unit 501, Dania Beach
- Jurisdiction: Dania Beach
- Bernice Falso, 77, 1/30/34, female, 301 S.E. 3 St., unit 501 Dania Beach (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Detectives are releasing the name of the elderly woman who died after Broward Sheriff firefighters rescued her early Sunday morning from her burning condo in Dania Beach.
BSO firefighters, paramedics and deputies responded to the six-story Meadowbrook Lakes condominiums at 301 S.E. 3 St. in Dania Beach after receiving a 911 call at 3:23 a.m. regarding a fire in one of the units. Firefighters battled the blaze which was confined to unit 501. They rescued Bernice Falso who lived there alone.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue rushed the 77-year-old victim to Broward General Medical Center, and then she was flown by a BSO helicopter to Jackson Memorial Ryder Trauma Center in critical condition with burns over 60 percent of her body. She was pronounced dead shortly after 9 a.m. There were no other injuries, and investigators said the condo had no fire detectors.
The BSO Fire Marshal Bureau and the State Fire Marshal’s Office continue to investigate the cause of the fire. Foul play, however, is not suspected.
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO Fire Marshal Bureau, State Fire Marshal’s Office, BSO Violent Crimes & Homicide Unit
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO January 24, 2012 1440
Translate This Page: