SEXUAL BATTERY ON A CHILD ARREST
- BSO Case Number: BS02-06-12958
- PIO Number: 02-8-21
- Date: July 5 & Aug. 8, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: Pompano Beach
- name withheld, 12, female, Pompano Beach
- Emanuel Watts, 51, 3/10/51, male, 200 SW 21 Way, Fort Lauderdale
Description of Incident:
The Broward Sheriff's Office has charged a 51-year-old man with Sexual Battery on a Child for repeatedly assaulting the daughter of an acquaintance.
The suspect, Emanuel Watts, was arrested by BSO Sex Crimes Unit detectives on July 5th and appeared in bond court, again, today (8/9/02) after two additional counts were filed against him. BSO’s investigation began on June 27th after the 12-year-old victim told an adult family friend that she was being molested by an acquaintance of her mother. The family friend reported the abuse.
The investigation revealed that Watts molested and sexually battered the girl on several occasions over the past year, beginning when the child was 11. The assaults occurred at the child’s home in Pompano Beach. Watts told the girl that he would kill her and her mother if she reported his actions to anyone, prompting her to remain quiet until June.
Watts is being held without bond in BSO’s jail, charged with four counts of Sexual Battery on a Child and two counts of Lewd and Lascivious Assault.
- THIS REPORT BY: Det. J. Reid, Sex Crimes/CI Jim Leljedal / PIO 8/9/02 1230
- Emanuel Watts photo - Emanuel Watts
Translate This Page: