HOMICIDE SUSPECT IN CUSTODY
- BSO Case Number: DN11-12-0668
- PIO Number: 12-1-9 (11-12-14A)
- Date: December 10, 2011
- Time: 1:26 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Phippen Road and S. W. 7 Street, Dania Beach
- Jurisdiction: Dania Beach
- Dijon Brown, male, 20, 3/21/91, 2310 Persian St., #12-2, Hollywood (DECEASED)
- Eric Hunter, male, 18, 2/26/93, unknown address (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
Eric Hunter, an 18-year-old wanted for a fatal shooting in Dania Beach on Dec. 10, is in custody. Hunter turned himself at the BSO Main Jail on Dec. 16.
The shooting left 20-year-old Dijon Brown dead. In the early-morning hours of Dec. 10, Brown had been standing in a crowded street when Hunter approached and shot him multiple times. The two had been involved in an ongoing dispute that boiled over that the gathering, Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives said. Soon after, detectives obtained an arrest warrant for Hunter for first-degree murder. He also has a history of narcotics-related arrests.
Media note: Hunter’s mug shot is attached to this release.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Duggan, Torres, Sgt. Feeley CID Dania Beach
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 1/12/11 1745
Posted At: 01/12/2012 05:36 PM
Translate This Page: