BSO HOMICIDE DETECTIVES IDENTIFY DANIA BEACH SHOOTER
PHOTO OF WANTED MAN RELEASED
Posted At: 12/10/2011 05:44 PM
- BSO Case Number: DN11-12-0668
- PIO Number: 11-12-14A
- Date: December 10, 2011
- Time: 1:26 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Phippen Road and S. W. 7 Street, Dania Beach
- Jurisdiction: Dania Beach
- Dijon Brown, male, 20, 3/21/91, 2310 Persian St., #12-2, Hollywood (DECEASED)
- Eric Hunter, male, 18, 2/26/93, unknown address (WANTED)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives investigating a fatal shooting early Saturday morning in Dania Beach have obtained an arrest warrant for 18-year-old Eric Hunter for first-degree murder. They are actively looking for Hunter, who was last seen driving a blue 2010 Nissan Altima with a Florida tag 656 YGW. He has a history of narcotics-related arrests.
BSO deputies were called to a crowded Dania Beach street party at 1: 26 a.m. Saturday to quell a disturbance. When they arrived, party-goers flagged them down to say a man had just been shot in the street. The victim, 20-year-old Dijon Brown of Hollywood, was shot multiple times and died at the scene. There was an ongoing dispute between Brown and Hunter that boiled over at the large gathering, detectives said.
Anyone with information about the whereabouts of Eric Hunter or other information about the homicide can contact Homicide Det. Tim Duggan at BSO’s non-emergency number, (954) 765-4321, or report it anonymously to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $1,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
Media note: There is a photo of Hunter attached to this release.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Duggan, Torres, Sgt. Feeley CID Dania Beach
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 12/10/11 1745
Translate This Page: