MISSING MARGATE WOMAN FOUND IN POMPANO BEACH CANAL
- BSO Case Number: PB09-08-03943
- PIO Number: 09-8-12
- Date: August 14, 2009
- Time: 9:17 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Palm Aire Drive North and Oaks Dr., Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Marguerite Fragapane, 71, female, Margate (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
A Water Management District employee checking on a canal discovered a body floating in the water Friday morning.
Around 9 a.m., South Florida Water Management District employee Daniel Walsh was inside the Palm Aire subdivision in Pompano Beach when he spotted what looked like a body in the canal. Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies and divers responded to the scene. BSO divers recovered the body of an adult female approximately 500 yards north of the lock where Walsh first spotted it.
BSO Crime Scene Unit and homicide detectives also responded to the scene. Further investigation revealed that the deceased victim matched the description of an elderly woman suffering from dementia that was reported missing from Margate Wednesday morning by her husband. Early Friday afternoon, Margate detectives tentatively confirmed the victim’s identity as Marguerite Fragapane, 71.
Detectives from Margate Police Department were contacted by BSO homicide detectives and are continuing the investigation. The body was taken to the Broward County Medical Examiner’s where an autopsy will be performed to determine the cause of death.
- INVESTIGATORS: D-11, RID, Homicide, Crime Scene, BSO Dive Unit, Margate PD, Det. Carmody, Dep. Milkman
- THIS REPORT BY: Mike Jachles/PIO 08/14/09 1330
Posted At: 08/14/2009 01:31 PM
Translate This Page: