SHOOTING LEAVES BROWARD MAN CRITICAL
- BSO Case Number: TM02-08-1643
- PIO Number: 02-8-25
- Date: August 13, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: 7800 block of NW 71st Court, Tamarac, FL
- Tony Dolton, 28, 2/14/74, 301 NW 80th Terrace, Margate, FL
- Black male, thin build, reportedly seen in a gold colored four-door vehicle
Description of Incident:
As Broward Sheriff's Office investigators follow up on leads and search for a motive, a Margate man remains hospitalized after being shot last night in Tamarac.
On Tuesday, August 13, 2002, according to BSO detectives, 28-year old Tony Dolton went to visit a friend near the 7800 block of NW 71st Court. Investigators believe that Dolton and the friend may have been planning to take in a game of Jai Alai.
Shortly before 8:00 p.m., it appears that a thin, black male armed with a handgun approached Dolton. For reasons yet known, the armed suspect chased Dolton a short distance and fired at least two shots. One bullet hit Dolton in the chest and another entered his back.
According to a witness, the suspect fled in a gold colored four-door vehicle along with three other black males.
Tony Dolton was rushed to North Broward Medical Center where he is listed in critical condition.
The Broward Sheriff's Office is asking anyone with information about the shooting of Tony Dolton to call Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS. A reward of up to $1,000.00 may be available for information leading to the arrest of the shooter.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. M. DeVita, CI
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 8/14/02 2:00 p.m.
Translate This Page: