MAN CHARGED IN MURDER AT AIR CONDITIONING BUSINESS
SUSPECT ALREADY IN JAIL FOR SHOOTING CAB DRIVER
- BSO Case Number: PB11-10-04299
- PIO Number: 12-1-20 (11-11-15)
- Date: November 16, 2011
- Time: 6:54 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 3165 W. Atlantic Blvd., Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Russell Buddie, male, 3/25/58, age 53, Margate (DECEASED)
- Semie Robinson, male, 30, 8/27/81, 1201 N.W. 31 Ave., Pompano Beach (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
Two days before Semie Robinson shot a taxi cab driver in the head and torso, badly wounding the 43-year-old man, BSO detectives say he violently attacked another innocent man, leaving him mortally wounded in front of his Pompano Beach air conditioning business.
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives have charged Robinson with the Nov. 16 stabbing death of 53-year-old Russell Buddie. Robinson has a violent criminal history and was paroled from prison a year ago. He was charged with attempted murder on Dec. 12th for shooting cab driver Williamson Joseph and is being held without bond at BSO’s Main Jail. He has been charged with first-degree murder for Buddie’s death.
When Buddie’s father arrived for work just before 7 a.m. Nov. 16 at Atlantic Air Conditioning Supply, he found Russell badly wounded and lying in a pool of blood on the pavement next to his truck. Detectives say robbery was likely the motive. Buddie was pronounced dead at a local hospital that morning. BSO Crime Lab technicians were able to match DNA left at the scene with Robinson’s DNA.
Media note: Robinson’s mug shot is attached to this release.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Dets. Berrena, Curcio; Sgts. Feeley, EllwodCrime Scene, Pompano Beach
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella 1/26/12 1000
Translate This Page: