ONE SUSPECT STILL SOUGHT IN POMPANO IHOP ROBBERY
- BSO Case Number: PB02-04-2255 (UPDATE)
- PIO Number: 02-4-12
- Date: April 6, 2002
- Time: 0640
- Place of Occurrence: IHOP, 790 N. Federal Highway, Pompano Beach
- Michel Bienaime, 48, male, Pompano Beach (IHOP employee)
- 1. Faruq Davis, 26, 11/23/75, aka Quinnton Braxton, Tampa
- 2. Demetrius Edwards, 21, 8/14/80, 1822 Seaward St., Tampa (STILL AT LARGE)
- 3. Sabrina Hearns, 21, 6/11/80, female, 1406 E. Neil St., Plant City, FL
- 4. Megan Reavely, 21, 11/18/80, female, 7714 Dartmouth Ave., Tampa
Description of Incident:
One man is still being sought while two women and another man are in custody, charged in connection with a Saturday morning armed robbery and beating at a Pompano Beach restaurant.
BSO Robbery detectives are still on the lookout for Demetrius Edwards, who pistol whipped a dishwasher for telling him to stop hurting a waitress during the April 6th armed robbery at the IHOP at 790 N. Federal Highway. Edwards, who abandoned his car after getting lost during his getaway, may be in the Tampa, Florida area – hometown to Edwards and his three accomplices. Edwards is considered armed and dangerous.
Two women who were staying with Edwards and his cohort, Faruq Davis (aka Quinnton Braxton) at the Economy Lodge motel (555 S. Federal Hwy) have now been charged being an Accessory After the Fact in A life Felony for disposing of the gun that Edwards used to commit the bungled armed robbery and beat the dishwasher, Michel Bienaime. Davis is charged with armed robbery and is being held without bond in BSO's jail.
Detectives have determined that the two men and two women were visiting Pompano Beach and decided to commit an armed robbery before leaving town. Edwards went to the IHOP at about 6 a.m. and ordered four meals to go, a half-hour before he returned to rob the place. Faruq Davis waited in the car while Edwards went inside to commit the robbery. During the getaway, Davis exited the car and ran back to the motel where the women were waiting, handing them the gun that Edwards had used. The women soon drove to the beach and tossed the weapon into the ocean at the Pompano Pier. BSO divers later recovered the weapon.
Anyone with any information regarding the whereabouts of Demetrius Edwards is urged to call 911, or CrimeStoppers at 954-493-TIPS. Edwards has a criminal history for crimes including drug trafficking and battery on law enforcement officers and was released from state prison on May 17, 2001.
- THIS REPORT BY: Dets J. Donadio & R. Kerr, Robbery Unit Jim Leljedal / PIO 4/8/02 3:30 p.m.