PEDESTRIAN DIES AFTER BEING STRUCK BY CAR
- BSO Case Number: DR12-09-01097
- PIO Number: 12-9-19
- Date: September 7, 2012
- Time: 9:06 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 300 block East Hillsboro Beach Boulevard, Deerfield Beach
- Jurisdiction: Deerfield Beach
- Jennifer Vehslage, 48, female, 04/14/64, Deerfield Beach (DECEASED)
- Bryan De Souza, 21, male, 07/08/91, Deerfield Beach
Description of Incident:
A pedestrian who was struck by a car September 7 died the next day at the hospital from injuries sustained in the crash.
Just after 9 p.m. September 7, Jennifer Vehslage, 48, was crossing Hillsboro Boulevard from north to south when she was struck by a 2007 Infiniti. Vehslage was not in a crosswalk when she was struck. The driver of the Infiniti, 22-year-old Bryan De Souza, remained on the scene following the crash. Eastbound Hillsboro Boulevard was closed for almost two hours after the crash as the on-scene investigation was conducted and the roadway cleared.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue transported Vehslage to nearby Broward Health North Medical Center where she died from her injuries the following morning.
BSO traffic homicide detectives are handling the investigation however no charges have been filed in connection with the crash, nor was there any indication that speed or impairment was a factor on the driver’s part.
- INVESTIGATORS: D-10, THI, BSFR, Det. Grimes
- THIS REPORT BY: Mike Jachles/PIO 07/14/12 1700
Translate This Page: