CHILD ABUSE ARREST
- BSO Case Number: BS02-4-1367
- PIO Number: 02-4-49
- Date: April 23, 2002
- Time: 0900
- Place of Occurrence: 3480 NE 1 Avenue, #B, Pompano Beach
- 11-year-old boy
- Jerome Dixon, 38, 4/7/64, male, 3480 NE 1 Avenue, #B, Pompano Beach
Description of Incident:
A Pompano Beach man has been arrested on a charge of aggravated child abuse for punching an 11-year-old boy in the eye and whipping him with a rope.
Broward Sheriff's Office abuse and neglect detectives learned of the incident, which occurred on April 2nd, after the child was taken to North Broward Medical Center for treatment. The young boy suffered from hemorrhaging to his right eye, and he received numerous bruises on his arm, shoulder, and thigh.
During questioning, Jerome Dixon said he was disciplining the boy. Dixon admitted his actions got out of hand.
Dixon was arrested at the Ron Cochran Public Safety Building Tuesday morning. He remains at BSO’s Main Jail with a bond amount of $7,500.
- INVESTIGATORS: Abuse & Neglect Det. J. Murray
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO