APPARENT DRUG OVERDOSE
- BSO Case Number: LL02-03-773
- PIO Number: 02-3-12
- Date: March 9, 2002
- Time: 3:10 pm
- Place of Occurrence: Westbound lanes of Oakland Park Blvd., east of SR-7, Lauderdale Lakes
- 24-year old Margate man (deceased)
- Hector F. Duque, 33, 1/5/69, 2005 NW 12th Ave., Ft. Lauderdale
Description of Incident:
One man is dead and another may face charges after an apparent night of partying leads to what may be a drug overdose.
At about 3:10 pm on Saturday, March 09, 2002, a Broward Sheriff’s Office deputy was notified of a vehicle stopped by the side of the road in the westbound lanes of Oakland Park Boulevard, just east of State Road 7 in Lauderdale Lakes. Inside the vehicle were two men, one of whom was unresponsive.
The deputy began CPR on the unresponsive man and called for an ambulance to transport the man to Florida Medical Center. The other man in the vehicle, 33-year old Hector F. Duque of 2005 NW 12th Avenue in Ft. Lauderdale appeared to be under the influence of drugs.
The unresponsive man was later pronounced dead at Florida Medical Center. An autopsy is planned and should reveal the exact cause of death of the Margate man.
Charges may be pending against Duque, who was behind the wheel of the vehicle when deputies arrived on the scene.
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives are continuing their investigation into this case.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. R. Libman
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 6:30pm