ARREST IN LAUDERHILL MURDER
- BSO Case Number: BS02-07-0561 (update)
- PIO Number: 02-7-18
- Date: July 1, 2002
- Time: 1800
- Place of Occurrence: rear of Mission Lake Plaza, 5464 NW 19 St., Lauderhill
- Christopher Young, 25, 9/17/76, Lauderhill (last known address), (DECEASED)
- Frederick Mordon, 20, 8/12/81, male, 1890 NW 32 Ave., Ft. Lauderdale
Description of Incident:
The Broward Sheriff's Office has arrested a 20-year-old man in connection with a murder in Lauderhill.
The victim, Christopher Young, died July 2nd as result of multiple gunshot wounds he sustained the day before. At about 6 p.m. on July 1st, Lauderhill Police responded to a report of shots fired at the rear of the Mission Lake Plaza at 5464 NW 19 Street. Upon arrival, officers found Young gravely wounded. He was rushed to Broward General Medical Center where he was pronounced dead about seven hours later.
At the request of Lauderhill Police, BSO Homicide detectives investigated the murder. While the exact motive remains unknown, detectives determined that Mordon was responsible for the killing and a warrant, charging him with First Degree Murder, was obtained. Mordon was arrested without incident Monday afternoon and is being held without bond in BSO’s Main Jail.
- THIS REPORT BY: Dets. F. Ilarraza & R. Libman, Sgt. R. O’Neil, Homicide Jim Leljedal / PIO 7/16/02 1:15 p.m.
Posted At: 07/16/2002 01:43 PM
- Frederick Mordon - Frederick Mordon
Translate This Page: