ELDERLY WOMAN FOUND DEAD IN POMPANO LAKE
- BSO Case Number: PB02-06-00183
- PIO Number: 02-6-1
- Date: June 1, 2002
- Time: 1:51 PM
- Place of Occurrence: 100 block of SW 3rd Street, Pompano Beach
- Dorothy Jennings, 72, 9/10/29, 295 SW 4th Avenue, Pompano Beach
Description of Incident:
The body of an elderly Pompano Beach woman was found in a small lake Saturday afternoon after she reportedly signed herself out of the facility in which she lived.
According to Broward Sheriff’s Office Homicide detectives, 72-year old Dorothy Jennings left Abbey Manor, 295 SW 4th Avenue, at about 9:45 a.m. on June 1, 2002. Shortly before 2:00 p.m., Ms. Jennings body was seen in a pond near the BSO Pompano Beach substation at 100 SW 3rd Street.
The woman was pulled from the water, but attempts to revive her were fruitless. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Detectives do not suspect foul play at this time and are continuing with their investigation.
The Medical Examiner will determine the exact cause of death.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. J. Berrena
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf 6/1/02 4:00 PM