PEDESTRIAN STRUCK AND KILLED IN FRIDAY NIGHT CRASH
- BSO Case Number: DR12-07-003400
- PIO Number: 12-7-18
- Date: July 20, 2012
- Time: 10:20 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 142 SE 10 St., Deerfield Beach
- Jurisdiction: Deerfield Beach
- Leonard G. Marsden, 65, male, 08/02/46, Deerfield Beach (DECEASED)
- Denise R. West, 34, female, 11/15/77, 1732 NE 51 Ct., Pompano Beach
Description of Incident:
A Deerfield Beach man was struck and killed by an SUV on Southeast 10 Street Friday night as he walked onto the road.
A 2003 Cadillac SUV, driven by 34-year-old Denise R. West of Pompano Beach, was eastbound on Southeast 10 Street when, for reasons unknown, a pedestrian who was walking on the sidewalk heading west, stepped into the roadway where he was struck by the SUV.
The pedestrian, identified as Leonard G. Marsden, 65, of Deerfield Beach, was pronounced dead on the scene by Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue.
At this time, no citations have been issued, although the non-criminal investigation is ongoing by the BSO Traffic Homicide Unit.
- INVESTIGATORS: D-10, THI, BSFR, Lt. Akers, Dets. Morales, Miller
- THIS REPORT BY: Mike Jachles/PIO 07/21/12 2300
Posted At: 07/22/2012 05:49 PM
Translate This Page: