KILLER OF MAN SHOT TUESDAY WAS HIS 16-YEAR-OLD FRIEND
- BSO Case Number: 04-1310-00594
- Date: October 8, 2013
- Time: 8:56 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 2536 N. State Road 7, Lauderdale Lakes
- Jurisdiction: Lauderdale Lakes
- Gerry Metayer, 20, male, Lauderdale Lakes (DECEASED)
- Desmond Black, male, 16, 6/28/97, 2910 N.W. 56th Ave., #301, Lauderhill (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
A 20-year-old Lauderdale Lakes man shot Tuesday was killed by a teenage friend of his with whom he’d had a falling out. Broward Sheriff's Office detectives arrested 16-year-old Desmond Black Thursday on a charge of first degree murder.
His victim, Gerry Metayer, was on a bicycle Tuesday just before 9 p.m. when he was shot in a Lauderdale Lakes strip mall. It’s unclear what started the dispute between Metayer and Black. After the shooting, BSO deputies found Metayer wounded on the ground next to his bicycle. Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue paramedics treated him at the scene and transported him to Broward Health Medical Center, where he died Wednesday evening.
BSO Homicide detectives spoke to witnesses who knew Metayer and Black, who provided information about the shooting. They also obtained video from a surveillance camera at a nearby business that depicted the shooting.
Black was transported to the Juvenile Assessment Center and then to the Juvenile Detention Center.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Det. Foster, Salazar; Sgt. Champagne, CID; Lauderdale Lakes, BSFR, Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 10/11/13 1445
Posted At: 10/11/2013 02:41 PM
Translate This Page: