MURDER AND KIDNAPPING IN DEERFIELD BEACH
- BSO Case Number: DR01-10-4179
- PIO Number: 01-11-02
- Date: October 20, 2001
- Time: 2212
- Place of Occurrence: 635 Anderson Circle, Apt. 103, (Tivoili Lakes Apts.), Deerfield Beach
- Lance Peller, 22, 9/1/79, 635 Anderson Circle, Apt. 103, Deerfield Beach (DECEASED)
- Jennifer Fizzuoglio, 23, 7/5/78, 870 SW 50th Ave., Coconut Creek
- Russell Scott Hudson, 32, 8/4/69, 10120 Boca Entrada Dr., #112, Boca Raton
Description of Incident:
A 32-year old Boca Raton man is charged with first-degree murder, armed kidnapping, armed burglary, and possession of cocaine after a violent rampage the night of October 20th, 2001.
Sometime around 9:15 that evening, according to a witness, Russell Scott Hudson, already in the apartment of 22-year old Lance Peller of Deerfield Beach, told Peller to call his parents to “say goodbye”, shot Peller in the head “execution style”, donned a pair of latex gloves, and ransacked Peller’s apartment.
According to that witness, 23-year old Jennifer Fizzuoglio, Hudson stole several items from Peller’s apartment, including an amount of cocaine, then kidnapped Fizzuoglio at gunpoint, driving the woman in her car to an area near Newport Drive and SW 10th Street in Deerfield Beach where Fizzuoglio was able to escape.
Broward Sheriff's Office detectives arrested Hudson late the night of October 21st, 2001 after he returned to the scene of the murder and kidnapping to retrieve his car, which detectives were watching.
Hudson was initially charged with kidnapping Fizzuoglio and carjacking. Detectives continued with their investigation and lodged charges of first-degree murder, the kidnapping of Peller, armed burglary, and possession of cocaine against Hudson on October 31st, 2001.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. G.Bukata/Det. R. Carmody, & Sgt. R O’Neil CI
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf/ PIO 11/01/01 3:00pm
- Russell Scott Hudson - Hudson