MAN KILLED AS HE LAY IN ROADWAY
- BSO Case Number: 05-1404-001312
- PIO Number: 14-4-11
- Date: April 9, 2014
- Time: 10:52 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 1800 S. State Road 7, Unincorporated Fort Lauderdale
- Jurisdiction: Unincorporated Central Broward
- Scott P. Merrell, 50, male, 7/27/63, 1001 Pine Dr., Pompano Beach (DECEASED)
- Carlton F. Harris, 62, male, 2/27/52, 7900 S.W. 8 Ct., North Lauderdale
Description of Incident:
Late Wednesday evening, a pedestrian was run over as he lay in the middle of the road near State Road 7 in unincorporated Fort Lauderdale.
At approximately 10:52 p.m. on April 9, Scott Merrell, 50, was struck by a car near the 1800 block of south State Road 7. It is possible that Merrell may have been under the influence of alcohol or drugs. He was seen by other drivers as he staggered across the street. At some point the victim stumbled and fell in the roadway. Carlton Harris was heading northbound on State Road 7 when his car ran over the victim who was lying in the roadway. Davie Fire Rescue responded to the scene and Merrell was pronounced dead at 11:02 p.m. Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide Investigation detectives are investigating the incident.
Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO THI Det. Robert Miller at 954-321-4840 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: THI Dets. Robert Miller, Michael Wiley
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 4/10/2014 1300
Posted At: 04/10/2014 01:22 PM
Translate This Page: