CHILDREN LEFT HOME ALONE WHEN FIRE STARTS
- BSO Case Number: BS02-05-4615
- PIO Number: 02-5-26
- Date: May 10, 2002
- Time: 1115
- Place of Occurrence: 5401 SW 22 Street, Carver Ranches
- Henry Peterman, 80, 5/8/22, male, 2201 SW 54 Avenue, Carver Ranches
- Adrian Bailey, 10, 1/19/92, male, see place of occurrence
- Lorenzo Green, 7, 7/29/94, male, see place of occurrence
- Erin Booker, 3, 8/26/98, female, see place of occurrence
Description of Incident:
Three children left home alone, while their mother was at work, had some scary moments when a fire broke out in their south Broward apartment Friday morning.
The incident occurred shortly after 11 a.m. in the 5400 block SW 22 Street in Carver Ranches. Broward County Fire investigators believe 10-year-old Adrian Bailey was playing with matches when a piece of furniture caught on fire. Bailey called 911, while his 80-year-old neighbor, Henry Peterman, came to the rescue with a garden hose.
Peterman was treated and released at Memorial Hospital in Hollywood. No other injuries were reported.
The case is also being investigated by the Broward Sheriff's Office Abuse and Neglect and Child Protective Investigations (CPI) units. Abuse and Neglect detectives were questioning Tweena Green, the mother of Bailey, 7-year-old Lorenzo Green and 3-year-old Erin Booker, late Friday afternoon to determine if any crime had been committed. Investigators from BSO’s CPI will determine if any actions should be taken to insure the children’s safety.
Green told detectives she didn’t have time to get the children ready for school because she was due to work at 6:30 a.m. at The Peninsula, located at 5100 West Hallandale Beach Boulevard.
- INVESTIGATORS: Abuse & Neglect Det. D. Kelly, CI
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO
Translate This Page: