BODY FOUND IN BURNING WAREHOUSE
- BSO Case Number: 11-1403-2773
- PIO Number: 14-3-13
- Date: March 11, 2014
- Time: 4:30 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Spirit Auto Brokers, 650 N.E. 27 St., Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Robert Posley, 53, male, 11/28/60, last known address: 127 S.W. 7 Ave., Ft. Lauderdale (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office Homicide detectives responded to the scene of a warehouse fire in Pompano Beach, Tuesday morning, after Pompano Beach Fire Rescue (PBFR) found the body of a man inside the burning building.
At approximately 4:30 a.m. PBFR responded to a fire at 650 N.E. 27 St. in Pompano Beach. As firefighters put out the flames, they discovered the body of a man inside. The victim, Robert Posley, 53, was sleeping in the warehouse where he occasionally worked.
The Broward County Medical Examiner’s office will determine the cause of death. However it appears that Posley may have died as a result of injuries sustained during the fire. The State Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating the cause of the fire and BSO’s Homicide unit is investigating the death.
Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO Detective Frank Ilarraza at 954-321-4210 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO Homicide Det. Frank Ilarraza
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/ PIO 3/11/14 1300
Posted At: 03/11/2014 03:17 PM
Translate This Page: