OAKLAND PARK HOMICIDE
- BSO Case Number: OP01-48838
- PIO Number: 01-10-39
- Date: October 28, 2001
- Time: 5:56 AM
- Place of Occurrence: 4340 NE 5th Avenue, Oakland Park
- Donville Lawrence, 32, 11/16/68, male, Jamaica (DECEASED)
- State of Florida
Description of Incident:
BSO Homicide detectives are investigating the death of a Jamaican man, whose body was discovered early this morning behind a warehouse in Oakland Park.
A warehouse employee discovered the body of Donville Lawrence, 32, and flagged down an off-duty deputy sheriff, who happened to be driving by the area.
Lawrence arrived in South Florida from Jamaica on October 26th. Detectives are searching for a suspect and a motive for the killing.
The Broward Medical Examiner’s Office will conduct an autopsy on Monday to determine the cause and manner of death.
Anyone with information about Lawrence’s death is urged to call Broward County Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS or BSO Homicide at (954) 321-4210.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. R. O'Neil, C.I., BSO District 12-Oakland Park
- THIS REPORT BY: Cheryl Stopnick / Media Relations, October 28, 2001 /1945 hrs.
Translate This Page: