BSO INVESTIGATES COCONUT CREEK MURDER
Posted At: 04/12/2002 02:56 PM
- BSO Case Number: BS02-04-5320
- PIO Number: 02-4-18
- Date: April 12, 2002
- Time: 8:45 AM
- Place of Occurrence: 4700 Coconut Creek Parkway, Coconut Creek
- Annette Arteaga, 22, 11/17/79, last known address of 2002 Hammondville, Pompano Beach
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives, assisting Coconut Creek police in the shooting death of a young woman there, want to question a man in connection with the case.
Sometime around 8:45 the morning of Friday, April 12, 2002, 22-year old Annette Arteaga was shot in the parking lot of Atlantic Vocational & Tech Center where she was enrolled as a student. She was rushed from the school at 4700 Coconut Creek Parkway to North Broward Medical Center where she died at about 10:30 am.
Witnesses reportedly saw a man leaving the campus moments after the shooting in a dark green, 4-door Toyota or Honda with dark-tinted windows. Detectives believe that man may have been 24-year old Alejandro Rodriguez whose last known address was in Pompano Beach. They want to question Rodriguez about the shooting and are asking anyone who sees him to call Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS.
Detectives say Ms. Arteaga’s murder may have been the result of a domestic dispute and the investigation is continuing.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. F. Ilarraza & R. Libman This Report by : Hugh Graf 4/12/02 3:00 pm
- Alejandro Rodriguez - Alejandro Rodriguez
Translate This Page: