MAN ARRESTED FOR SEX WITH GIRLS
- BSO Case Number: BS02-07-2512
- PIO Number: 02-7-14
- Date: July 5 – 10, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: 6240 SW 15 Street, uninc. Broward (near North Lauderdale)
- 1. Name withheld, 12, female
- 2. Name withheld, 15, female
- Anthony Smith, 23, 4/23/79, male, 6240 SW 15 St., uninc. Broward County
Description of Incident:
A 23-year-old man who had sexual intercourse with two adolescent girls was arrested Wednesday evening by the Broward Sheriff's Office.
BSO’s investigation of Anthony Smith started last week after the father of a 12-year-old girl reported that his daughter had had sex with the suspect. Detectives investigated and determined that the 12-year-old and her 15-year-old friend both engaged in sexual activity, and smoked marijuana, with Smith at his home (in Broadview Estates near North Lauderdale) on July 5th.
The investigation revealed that Smith had met and befriended the girls while he was working at a fast food restaurant. Over the telephone, the three made arrangements to get together last Friday. Smith picked the girls up in his car and drove them to his residence, where he had sex with both youngsters. He later drove them back to their homes.
Smith and the girls concur that the sexual activity was consensual. It is unlawful, however, for an adult to engage in sex acts with a child with or without consent. Smith was charged with two counts of Lewd and Lascivious Battery and was booked at the Broward County Jail, held on $20,000 bond. If convicted, he could be sentenced to 15 years in prison and a $10,000 fine for each count.
- THIS REPORT BY: Det. E. McCardle, Sgt. D. Bjorndalen, CI Jim Leljedal / PIO Sgt. P. Hanstein, Dist. 15 7/11/02 2:30 p.m.
Posted At: 07/11/2002 02:49 PM
Translate This Page: