INDUSTRIAL ACCIDENT KILLS NORTH MIAMI MAN (Updates with name & address)
- BSO Case Number: BS02-04-112
- PIO Number: 02-4-6
- Date: April 1, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: Ivy Steel & Wire, 1231 NE 48th St., Pompano Beach (Uninc. Broward)
- Chauncey Harris, 44, 4/9/57, 915 NW 124th St., North Miami
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office homicide detectives are investigating the death of a 44-year old North Miami man, killed in an industrial accident in unincorporated Pompano Beach.
At about 7:50 the morning of Monday, April 01, 2002, 44-year old Chauncey Harris was working at a machine at Ivy Steel and Wire, 1231 NE 48th Street. For a reason not yet known, wire entangled Mr. Harris, resulting in his death.
Mr. Harris had been employed by Ivy Steel and Wire since May of 1997. He worked as a Wire Drawing Operator for the company. Mr. Harris leaves behind a wife, children, and grandchildren.
The Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) is also investigating the incident.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. E. Thomasevich & T. Duggan
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 4/1/02 5:00 pm
Posted At: 04/01/2002 04:45 PM
Translate This Page: