BOOZE THIEF GOES ON WHOLESALE RAMPAGE
- BSO Case Number: 17-1408-000090, 17-1408-000197, 11-1408-005823 & 11-1408-005823
- PIO Number: 14-8-22
- Date: August 4, 8, 17 and 23, 2014
- Times: various
- Place of Occurrence: 5901 W. Hillsboro Blvd., Parkland & 1800 W. Sample Rd., Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Parkland & Pompano Beach
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, 5901 W. Hillsboro Blvd., Parkland
- Costco Wholesale, 1800 W. Sample Rd., Pompano Beach
- unidentified male (surveillance video available)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are searching for a thief who was captured by security video as he stole more than 30 bottles of liquor from wholesale clubs. The suspect, who used the same gold Honda Accord in multiple instances, has also hit stores in Boca Raton and Davie.
At 12:09 p.m. on August 4, a black man with a muscular build entered BJ’s Wholesale Club in Parkland. The man grabbed six bottles of assorted liquors and proceeded to pass the checkout without pausing. He rode off in a gold-toned, four-door, Honda Accord, 2000 model year. Just four days later, on August 8, the thief came back. This time he took six bottles of Hennessy Whiskey and fled in a 2010 or 2011 gray Toyota Camry.
On Aug 17, the same suspect walked into the Costco Wholesale in Pompano Beach and grabbed a 12-pack case of Patrón Tequila. He left in what appears to be the same gold Honda Accord used in the first theft. The car had been parked near the store’s entrance with another suspect in the driver seat. Less than a week later on Aug 23, the man returned to the Costco and took four bottles of Grey Goose Vodka. Once again, he fled in a gold Honda Accord.
BSO Detectives are looking for a black man, appearing to be in his mid-twenties, about 5’ 8” tall and weighing 200 lbs. with a muscular build. He is believed to have committed similar thefts in the cities of Boca Raton and Davie during the same month.
Anyone with information is asked to call BSO Detective Robert Rutkowski at 954-786-4568, Detective Juan Hierrezuelo at 954-509-1458 or report information anonymously to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
Media Note: Incidents were captured on surveillance video.
Additional video of Parkland incident: https://app.box.com/s/icyicc75ts0w3p9acz1l
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO Det. Robert Rutkowski, D11 & BSO Det. Juan Hierrezuelo, D17
THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 8/28/14 900
Posted At: 08/28/2014 09:00 AM
- PIO 14-8-22 Pompano Beach - 14-8-22 Pompano Beach
Translate This Page: