ROBBER PRESSED FOR TIME
- BSO Case Number: 10-1402-003528, 10-1402-003527
- PIO Number: 14-2-5a (14-2-5)
- Date: February 23, 2014
- Time: 6:34 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 1041 E. Hillsboro Blvd., Deerfield Beach 150 S. Federal Hwy., Deerfield Beach
- Jurisdiction: Deerfield Beach
- Walgreens, 1041 E. Hillsboro Blvd., Deerfield Beach
- Publix, 150 S. Federal Hwy., Deerfield Beach
- unidentified male (surveillance videos available)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are searching for an unidentified man captured by surveillance cameras on Sunday as he robbed a Walgreens and a Publix in Deerfield Beach. The suspect is also wanted for the robbery of a Walgreens in Pompano Beach two weeks earlier.
At 6:34 a.m. on Feb. 23, a man approached the cashier of the Walgreens on Hillsboro Blvd. in Deerfield Beach. The man asked the cashier for a pack of Newport cigarettes, told her he had a gun and ordered her to hand over all the money. The cashier was nervous and had trouble opening the register, which delayed the thief. He demanded that she hurry up but changed his mind once a patron walked up to the cashier. The armed robber decided to leave the store without any cash.
Minutes later the suspect robbed a Publix on Federal Hwy., demanding the money in the register and this time getting away with all the cash. Two weeks prior, on Feb. 2, the suspect robbed the Walgreens at 3571 N. Federal Hwy., Pompano Beach.
The suspect was captured on video during all three of the robberies. Detectives are searching for a white male in his 20s, approximately 5’9” tall and 170 lbs. with shoulder-length hair, side burns and unshaven. During the Feb. 23 robberies, he was wearing a black button shirt with blue jeans and black and white sneakers.
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact BSO Detective Mark Copley at 954-321-4738 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
***MEDIA NOTE: A clear video is available for download at www.sheriff.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO Robbery Det. Mark Copley, CID
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter PIO 2/25/14 1630
Translate This Page: