ARMED HOME INVASION ROBBERY LEADS TO DEATH
- BSO Case Number: LL03-01-2212
- PIO Number: 03-1-40
- Date: January 26, 2003
- Time: 2242
- Place of Occurrence: 5075 NW 36 Street, Apt. C105, Lauderdale Lakes
- Dante Smith, 26, 4/1/76, male, 5075 NW 36 Street, Apt. C105, Lauderdale Lakes
- Ulysses Stanley, 26, 12/20/76, male, 3611 NW 7Court, Fort Lauderdale
- Wayne Wilson, 28, 12/10/74, male, no known address
- Jamal Jamaine Mackey, 21, 12/25/81, male 5900 NW 19 Street, Sunrise (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office homicide detectives have charged a man with felony murder for his participation in a home invasion robbery that resulted in the death of his accomplice.
The incident occurred shortly before 11 p.m. Sunday night at 5075 NW 36 Street in Lauderdale Lakes. When the victim, Dante Smith, answered the front door, the two suspects forced their way inside the apartment. A struggle ensued between the gun-wielding robbery suspects, Smith and a second victim, Ulysses Stanley. Smith was able to break away, retrieve his own gun, and shoot both suspects.
One of the suspects, Jamal Jamaine Mackey, died at the scene. The second suspect, Wayne Wilson, fled on foot. BSO deputies responded to Stanley’s 911 call and located Wilson not far from the crime scene. Wilson was treated and released at Broward General Medical Center.
Wilson was later booked into BSO’s Main Jail on one count of felony murder. Wilson told homicide detectives he and Mackey went to Smith’s apartment in search of drugs.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Sgt. B. O’Neil, Homicide Dets. J. Berrena & D. Nicholson, CI
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO
Translate This Page: