CART OF CASH ATTRACTS STICKY-FINGERED SHOPPER
- BSO Case Number: 10-1407-001805
- PIO Number: 14-7-23
- Date: July 12, 2014
- Time: 12:02 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 1101 S. Military Trail, Deerfield Beach
- Jurisdiction: Deerfield Beach
- Walmart, 1101 S. Military Trail, Deerfield Beach
- unidentified male (surveillance video released)
Description of Incident:
When an employee left a cart full of cash unattended for a moment as he helped a customer, a thief with a teardrop tattoo on his face grabbed several thousand dollars and ran.
Surveillance cameras at the Deerfield Beach Walmart captured the crime, which happened around midnight July 12. The employee had been in the process of collecting money from the cash registers when he briefly stepped away to help a customer. That’s when the thief grabbed six of the 13 money pouches left in the cart.
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact BSO Detective Dimos Charoudis at (954) 480-4288 or anonymously report tips to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for an anonymous tip that leads to an arrest.
- INVESTIGATORS: D10 Det. Charoudis, Sgt. Pugliese; Deerfield Beach
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/ PIO 3/28/14 1530
Posted At: 07/28/2014 03:28 PM
Translate This Page: