PEDESTRIAN FATALLY STRUCK CROSSING BUSY ROAD
- BSO Case Number: 11-1706-006918
- PIO Number: 17-7-5
- Date: June 24, 2017
- Time: 11:49 p.m.
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Place of Occurrence: near 800 S. Federal Highway, Pompano Beach
- Pedestrian: Konnor R. Katzmark, 22, male, 5/10/95, 1740 N.E. 64th Street, Ft. Lauderdale (DECEASED)
- Driver(s): Elena L. Monte, 27, female, Pompano Beach
Description of Incident:
A pedestrian was fatally struck crossing a busy roadway just before midnight June 24 in Pompano Beach. The driver remained on scene and tried to render aid.
Just before midnight, Konnor Katzmark was crossing South Federal Highway from west to east midblock. Elena L. Monte was driving a 2011 Toyota Camry traveling northbound in the far right thru lane. The passenger side front bumper struck Katzmark in the right thru lane. The pedestrian was projected north and came to rest near the edge of the roadway in the designated bicycle lane. Monte’s car came to a controlled stop in the right thru lane.
Pompano Beach Fire Rescue responded to the incident. Katzmark was pronounced dead at approximately 11:55 p.m. Monte was not injured.
After the initial crash occurred, Monte exited her vehicle in an attempt to render aid when a secondary vehicle which was also northbound in the right thru lane struck the rear of her vehicle in the right thru lane. No one was injured in second crash.
- INVESTIGATORS: THI Dets. Kelliher & Wiley
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 7/6/17 850
Posted At: 07/06/2017 08:47 AM
Translate This Page: